Monday, December 19, 2011

Excuse me, Santa Claus? We're not ready yet.


 It's not that we aren't ready for Christmas.  Believe me.  We've been ready now for weeks.  It's just that we are having too much fun.  More Christmas carols have been sung, sugar has been consumed and the tally of total hours that our twinkle lights have been on are bigger than previous years.
Summer's new favorite phrase - "HO HO HO"
 I have been missing from blog-posting land and I blame it whole-heartedly on Christmas.  I barely have enough time to blog-stalk these days, let alone post.  Why sit in front of my computer when I can sing and dance along to Mariah singing my all-time favorite version of "All I Want for Christmas"??
Kate doing her full volume version of Jingle Bells

We are all decked out here and patiently awaiting Santa.  Eric, our resident house elf has been diligently reporting back to the North Pole each day, and the reports have been good! 

Latest Christmas project: Turning race medals into ornaments.  I've had an obsession with road races for about 10 years now and I have a bunch of finisher's medals to show for it.  Until now, they have been sitting in the back of a drawer collecting dust.  But thanks to dear Rebecca, who my mom and I pushed for Team Hoyt in the Surf n Santa 10 Miler, I've given them new life.  Great idea, Rebecca!!!
 
But that still doesn't solve my problem.  I want Christmas go to on for another 3 weeks or so.  Or better yet - until spring.  Because then there won't be any dreary winter blues.  Just twinkle lights, peanut butter balls, and Christmas carols.  Most people probably think I'm crazy.  But I love me some Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment